7/2/2023 0 Comments
Are you sleeping well?
Having difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep or waking too early ?
Too little sleep can be a huge issue that affects your mood, health, focus and general wellbeing.
Having struggled myself with not enough sleep for many years, I am truly grateful that i found a key things that worked for me. My top tip is to be kind and compassionate – acknowledge it and don’t fight it... :-)
Here are top tips for navigating sleep disturbances, particularly for women experiencing. night sweats.
INSOMNIA - 10 TOP TIPS
1. Create your own personal sleep routine – it starts when you wake up in the morning with your intent to sleep well tonight incorporating daily healthy exercise, diet and being in nature. Design a bedtime ritual such as:
- gentle restorative stretch
- journal to empty out your mind. let go of to do list’s & worries or try a gratitude practice
2. Set up your bedroom for sleep so it’s cool & comfortable. Use cotton or bamboo sheets and blinds or curtains to keep it dark.
3. Wear loose fitting sleeveless nightwear, light undies or nude!.
4. Use an eye shade to keep out the light and ear plugs, especially if your partner is a snorer.
5. Eliminate blue light screens after 6pm –TV or computers.
6. Dinner/ snacks are best at least 3 hours before going to bed so you have time to digest by the time you want to go to sleep.
7. Avoid caffeine after 12pm.
8. Reduce or avoid alcohol as its dehydrating.
9. Reduce waking up to go to the loo in the middle of the night then not being able to go back to sleep by not drinking too much, a few hours before bed, & just before bed empty your bladder.
10. If you are waking up due to night sweats, invest in a ceiling or floor fan or try a cooler pillow& cover and turn the pillow over regularly so your head is always resting in a cool place. Add a cold pack under your pillow or at your feet to also keep you cool.
If you need more support, you can try natural herbal remedies over the counter, for instance Black Cohosh shown to reduce hot flushes or Valerian as a natural relaxant. Doctors can prescribe sleeping tablets or strong melatonin but...this is a last resort..
Hope this helps to create your our sleep ritual...
Join me on Flow with Fiery Femininity at Bay of Fires Tasmania 15-19 March 2023 wherewe’ll be nurturing your ability to manage sleepless nights, brain fog, wild emotions & hot flushes.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Daniella Goldberg has a love of yoga and a passion for mindful meditation. Through her Hatha-Flow classes, she gently guides her students to grow strong, be flexible, focused and mindful, on and off the mat.
© 2022 This material is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and may not be used without written permission by Yogarama.