TOP 5 REASONS TO JOIN THE COMMUNITY AT SYDNEY'S MOST HIDDEN YOGA RETREAT
More than 5000 years ago yoga & Ayurveda started its journey in ancient India as the science of exercise and healing, passed along from teacher to students through physical practice.
Travel about 5000 miles and 5000 years later across the Indian ocean to Coogee’s Wylie’s Baths and you will see a dedicated group of yoga students every morning practising yoga in the open air studio in a class on the northern deck guided by one of the inspirational local yoga instructors.
Wylie’s Baths in Coogee is open all year – 365 days and yoga is also offered through all four seasons. This month, Wylie’s Winter Wellness space is being upgraded, with an enclosed marquee for winter encouraging yogis to practice all year around in the fresh air surrounded by sea & nature.
If you have not experienced yoga at Wylie’s Baths in Coogee, here are 5 top reasons you should try it.
1. Walking into Wylie’s Baths is like taking a journey into a hidden wellness retreat. As you venture off into another world along the coastal walkway down deep into a space that is nestled into the cliffs
2. Enjoy spectacular views practising yoga. Gazing out to the sunrise or sunset over the ocean and stretch up to view blue sky balancing in tree pose.
3. Experience the unique benefits of breathing in the fresh sea air to purify your lungs and pranyama (breathing) that are energizing and grounding.
4. Guided meditation at the beginning of each class, encourages yogis to leave behind their busy schedule and quieten their minds as they are guided to connect to the peaceful calmness of Wylie’s.
5. Relaxation or Savasana at the end of class is what most yogis look forward to.. Listen closely to nature’s tranquil music of the ocean waves and morning birds whilst deep in relaxation
For the first time in 2018, Wylie’s Winter Wellness Day Retreats are being offered - it is a truly replenishing and healing full day at Wylie’s. The day spa includes a 1.5 hour uplifting yoga practice and grounding mindful meditation. A fresh light morning tea and wellness talk followed by a delicious wholesome warm Ayurveda lunch and self-care talk by our local Ayurveda chefs. A heavenly one-hour massage by the sea awaits those that chose to book in. A restorative yoga practice and yoga nidra completes the wellness day as each participant is gifted a wellness goodies bag supported by local businesses. Forget travelling out of Sydney for a wellness retreat, join us in the heart of Sydney.
WYLIES WINTER WELLNESS FREE CLASSES Saturday – Sunday 15-17 June
Daniella Goldberg has a love of yoga and a passion for mindful meditation. Through her Hatha-Flow classes, she gently guides her students to grow strong, be flexible, focused and mindful, on and off the mat.